Capital Markets: Imara has completed over 40 mandates worth in excess of US$3 billion, related to the corporate actions of listed and private companies in Zimbabwe, Botswana, Malawi, Uganda and Zambia. We have also acted as a debt arranger in Zimbabwe.
Mergers and Acquisitions: Imara has advised on such transactions worth in excess of US$400 million, including unbundling of conglomerates, mergers, acquisitions and business disposals. These transactions include the largest unbundling and the largest merger in Zimbabwe’s corporate history.
Privatisation: We have completed privatisation transactions worth US $50 million in Zimbabwe, Malawi and Zambia.
Advisory: Imara has completed more than transactions in seven countries. Advisory services offered include advice on capital markets development and regulatory issues, employee share participation schemes, due diligence activities, valuations and corporate finance solutions.
Our ethos in transaction origination, execution and completion is: –
- Understand the objectives of the transaction;
- Understand the market environment within which those objectives will be achieved;
- Apply all resources necessary to ensure the transaction is a success through execution resilience;
- Ensure the transaction pricing and structure is defensible;
- Ensure that developmental and structural issues impacting on the success of the transactions are addressed by being pro-active; and
- Above all, maintain and protect our client’s reputation and integrity as we do our own